Coming into Wednesday night’s showdown between two MVP candidates in Giannis Antetokounmpo and James Harden, it was the Houston Rockets who were supposed to unveil a wild strategy against Milwaukee. Most thought they would match their center, Clint Capela, on the Bucks MVP candidate similar to the Utah Jazz. However, it was Milwaukee’s defensive strategy that generated all of the discussion.
In order to gain a. better understanding of the defensive alignment, let’s take a look at a few possessions and break it down. In this video I examine:
- How the strategy originated within the Bucks organization.
- The success Milwaukee had in the first quarter.
- The different defenders Milwaukee threw at Harden and who had the most success.
- How Harden broke the “D” down and generated points for his team.
- How the Bucks got enough stops to pull out the victory.
Bucks Film Room’s goal is to help fans become smarter about the game. Please follow me on Twitter @BucksFilmRoom for more Bucks’ breakdowns.